Learn how to communicate with your dog in our introductory adult obedience class! This class covers the training essentials, including sit, down, stay, come, and loose-leash walking, among other important topics.
The first class of the 5-week series is an orientation for guardians only--please leave your dog at home. Training with your dog will begin in class two. This class is appropriate for dogs of all sizes. (We also offer a small-dog-only training class, Just the Small Basics.)
Frequency & Duration: 1 hour per week for 5 weeks. Please note: First class is a mandatory orientation for humans only--no dogs, please.
Fee: $175 (If your dog was adopted from a shelter or 501(c)(3) rescue group, the fee is $150)
Course prerequisites: Dogs must be 5 months of age or older, able to be handled gently by a friendly stranger, and able to work safely around people and other dogs on leash. (If your dog is between 4 and 9 months old, please look at our Adolescent Manners class.) You are highly encouraged to attend our free seminar, New Dog 101, prior to this class.
Class includes: Handbook, Homework and Certificate of Completion
Class capacity: 8-10 dogs
Location: SF SPCA Mission campus
- Fridays, August 18 - September 15, 7:45 - 8:45 pm with Alisha: Sorry, section and wait list are full.
- Sundays, August 20 - September 24 (skips Sept. 10), 2:00 - 3:00 pm with Emily: Sorry, section and wait list are full.
- Wednesdays, September 6 - October 4, 7:45 - 8:45 pm with Kimberlee: Section is full, only 2 wait list seats remaining.
- Sundays, September 10 - October 8, 11:15 am - 12:15 pm with Alisha: Section is full, only 3 wait list seats remaining.
- Tuesdays, September 12 - October 10, 6:15 - 7:15 pm with Kimberlee: Register now, 4 seats remaining.
- Mondays, September 25 - October 23, 6:15 - 7:15 pm with Michelle: Register now.